Friday, July 22, 2011

Pic of the Day

     Atlantic Puffin (composite) – Les Iles au Perroquets, Mingan Archipelago; Gulf of Saint Lawerence, Canada:  This is a composite of 10 images I made of one bird as it flew by.  Most of the images are very sharp, though about 3 are a little soft.  I included the soft images in the composition as it completes the series and at the computers resolution the soft images are not perceived as such.  The series shows the bird further away at the right and closer on the left, thus the difference in size of the puffin.  The original composite is 14” x 45”.
    I had a great time shooting flying Alcids, but it was exhausting raising the D300 and 300mm 2.8 to my shoulder for a couple of hours.  However, I do like the results……hope you do as well.

Double Click on the image and the composite will expand to 10” wide


Nikon D300, Nikkor 300mm f2.8, Digital Capture ISO 320

No comments:

Post a Comment