Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pic of the Day



     Grand Tetons and Field of Dandelions – Teton National Park, Wyoming:  Driving along Antelope Flats Drive in Grand Teton National Park, I found this field of flowering dandelions.  The yellow flowers provided the perfect foreground for an image of the Grand Tetons and blue sky.   Walking among the flowers I found a spot with the greatest density of blooms and chose it as my foreground for the photograph.  I attached my camera to a tripod and lowered the camera until it was about 18 inches off the ground allowing the expanse of flowers to fill the foreground space.  I used a small aperture to create an extended depth-of-field which provided a sharpness from the flowers in the foreground to the mountains in the distance background.  The yellow flowers, stretching to the foothills is the perfect complement to the blue sky that frames the mountains.  Some days you just get lucky!

Nikon D3, Nikkor 24-85mm zoom set at 55mm, 1/100 sec @ f22

No comments:

Post a Comment