Saturday, April 20, 2019

Pic of the Day

Great Egret, Area alba displaying on nest.
Saint Augustine Heron Rookery
Saint Augustine, Florida
     Well, I guess I can say this is a very special post for me, number 1000.  I can't believe that I have made 1000 post on this blog.  Over the last couple of years I have not posted as often as I did in the past.  It seems that people these days are spending more time on Facebook and less time going to blogs.  I will continue to post here and will try to post more frequently than I have over the past few years.
     This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago at the heron rookery at the Saint Augustine Alligator Farm in Florida.  The nest was quite picturesque and I Spent a lot of time photographing this egret.  Here, the egret is in the middle of its nuptial dance.  The egret put on a spectacular show and I was fortunate to get many good shots.  I hope you enjoy the image and will visit my blog often.
     I started his blog back on March 13, 2010 and do appreciate all of you who have taken the time to look at my work through the years.  If you would care to, you can follow me on Facebook at, Bobby Harrison Photography.
     Thank you for taking the time to stop in, and please do check-in often for new additions.  Bobby

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/640th second @ f/8

2 comments:

  1. Breath-taking beauty!!!! I had no idea a Great Egret had such a beautiful courtship display!

    ReplyDelete