Friday, July 13, 2018

Pic of the Day

Dickcissel, Spiza Americana;
Winfred Thomas Agricultural Research Station:
Hazel Green, AL.  USA


     Yesterday morning I took a drive out to Alabama A&M’s Winfred Thomas Agricultural Research Station just south of Hazel Green, Alabama to see if I could find some birds to photograph.  Fortunately there were lots of birds.  Dickcissels, pictured here, Scissor-tailed Flycatchers, Grasshopper Sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks, Blue birds, and Tree Swallows were everywhere.  This was only my third trip to the research station, and my first early morning trip.  I was quite happy with the photos and will make another jaunt to this avian paradise very soon.  Hope you enjoy the photo.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, Exposure 1/1000th second @ f/7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment