Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pic of the Day


     Common Egret -- Estero Lagoon, Fort Myers Beach Sandbar:  I posted a number of images from this shoot back in March.  While looking for some images to post, I came across this Common Egret. 
     The morning I shot this was incredible.  The image was taken at a huge tide pool that had been cutoff from the Gulf waters because of the low tide.  The tide pool was filled with fish and I photographed bird feeding for two mornings.  This is just one of the many birds I shot.  Many species were feeding before the sun rose, but after the sun breeched the horizon many birds began to fly to the tide pool.    
     I particularly liked how the wing provides a background and frames the bird’s head.  Also, as this image demonstrates, the birds paid little attention to me, giving me great photo opportunities. 


Nikon D300, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/1,600 @ f8

No comments:

Post a Comment