Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pic of the Day

Limpkin, Aramus guarauna:  Viera Wetland; Viera, Florida
     In early March I spent time at the Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands, best known as the Viera Wetlands, just west of Viera, Florida.  The wetlands is one of my favorite places to photograph birds.  I don't think I have been to the wetlands with out seeing a Limpkin, and my March trip was no disappointment.  
     This bird was photographed while the sun was low on the horizon giving the image an overall warm cast.  This limpkin and others were busily plucking Apple Snails from the water and paid little attention to me.  This bird walked right beside me as if I was not even there.

                       Limpkin, Aramus guarauna with Apple SnailAmpullariidae: Viera Wetland; Viera, Florida

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/1250 second @ f7.1
Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/400 second @ f8



No comments:

Post a Comment