Monday, April 6, 2015

Pic of the Day




 American Oystercatcher, Haematopus palliatus:  
Fort Desoto State Park; Saint Petersburg, Florida
     Four more images of the American Oystercatchers I photographed at Fort Desoto State Park during the first week of March.  I enjoyed this shoot so much.  I really love photographing shorebirds and the oystercatcher is one of my favorites.  This oystercatcher was totally unexpected when I saw it fly onto the beach.  I was cautious in my approach fearing that I would frighten it to flight.  But much to my surprise it seem to have no fear of my presence and came so close to me at times that I could not focus the lens.  I love being in such close quarters with wildlife, especially when they go about their natural behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment