Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pic of the Day

Wild Azalea, Rhododendron periclymernoides: Horse Cove, Alabama

Wild Azalea, Rhododendron periclymernoides: Horse Cove, Alabama
     Yesterday while driving up my driveway I noticed that the few Wild Azalea shrubs on my property were in full bloom.  As soon as I got to the house I headed back down with camera in hand to photograph the flowers.  
     I find the Wild Azalea to be one of the most beautiful of flowers and I am so happy that I have a few shrubs here on the property.  The flowers are short lived however.  They seem to come into full bloom overnight, and then drop within three to four days (if that long).  Seeing the azaleas is one of the many highlights of spring for me, and I have photographed them for the last few years. If you click this link you can see previous photos: http://www.bobbyharrison.blogspot.com/search/label/Wild%20Azalea   

No comments:

Post a Comment