Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pic of the Day

Pine Siskin, spinus pinus: Horese Cove; near Gurely, Alabama
     I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas day.  Here in North Alabama the weather was beautiful, in the mid 50's,  and all the kids and grandchild were home.  On Tuesday (the 23rd), I got an early Christmas present!  Pine Siskins arrived by the hundreds.  My feeders have not been as active as I would have liked over the last month and half, but now they are overwhelmed with birds.  I got my first Dark-eyed Juncos on the 13th of this month, and white-throated sparrows a few weeks before that.  With the arrival of the siskins it seems that all nuthatches, woodpeckers, cardinals, titmouses, and chickadees have increased activity as well.  I'm really looking forward to watching and photographing our winter birds this season.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/400 second @ f6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment