Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pic of the Day


Tufted Titmouse, Baeolophus bicolor - Horse Cove, Alabama
     Thunderstorms came through North Alabama this afternoon.  Here at home the rain fell lightly, though surrounding areas were heavily soaked.  Before the rain started falling I setup near by bird feeders to test the new Nikon D7100 under low lighting condition.  
     I set the ISO to 800 and waited for birds to appear.  It only took a few seconds before this Tufted Titmouse alighted on a nearby branch.  I took numerous image and I am quite impressed with the D7100.  At 800 ISO the image is almost noiseless.  Before I had the opportunity to check higher ISO raitings the rain started falling, so I quickly got my gear inside.  I’ll check out higher ISO’s another day.
     Though I did not use the 1/3rd crop function of the D7100, I did crop the DX file to the 1/3rd crop factor for this image.  The original image from the camera measured 13¼ inches by 20 inches, at 300dpi.  This image was cropped to 11½ inches to 15½ inches at 300dpi.  I’m looking forward to checking out some the D7100’s other features over the weekend.

Nikon D7100, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/100 second @ f4.5, ISO800, Camera on Tripod

No comments:

Post a Comment