Friday, January 13, 2012

Pic of the Day







     Reddish Egret – Merritt Island NWR, Florida:  In one of the Black Point Drive impoundments at Merritt Island NWR I found this reddish egret searching for prey.  Like reddish egrets do, this bird was running through the water with its head tilted almost parallel to the water.  I followed the bird with my lens, panning back and forth as it chased for its prey through the water.  As I was panning with the bird, it jumped into the air and flew twenty feet or so before landing in the water again.  Fortunately, the focus was locked on the egret, and tracked the bird as it moved.  The tracking feature allowed me to capture this humorous series of photos.

All images:  Nikon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/1,600 @ f6.3

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Made me laugh to see the bird "walking on water".

    ReplyDelete