Friday, April 22, 2011

Video of the Day

   
   Limpkin -- Viera Wetlands; Viera, Florida:  While in Florida this past January I experiment with the Nikon D7000's video capabilities.  It is fabulous.  I did discover that manual focus should be used.  The autofocus motor sounds are very distracting.  To manual focus, a Hoodman loop or similar type loop is essential.  I also shot video at the St. Augustine Alligator farm of the Tri-colored Heron nest seen in the last post.  I used the hoodman cine loop kit and it worked great.   I hope to do, and post more HD video with this fantastic camera!

Additional note:
   This is a HD file (1280x720) but it looks no better on the web (blogspot) than the large or medium resolutions that I previously posted.  I have left the large resolution posted below so that you can see for yourself.  However, the HD file on the computer looks great when played on the computer through i-movie and on a wide screen TV.

Additional note 5:52pm CDT: 
     I talked with my mac people today and they are suggesting that I post the videos on You Tube.  You Ttube can carry the large files without the compression that is applied by blogspot. I will soon post the HD copy to You Tube and then post the link on the blog.  Look for the link either later tonight or tomarrow.     Bobby

2 comments:

  1. Noisy little birds. i'm hooked on the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayne, I'm planning on shooting more videos. Glad you like them. Bobby

    ReplyDelete