Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Speaking in Louisville

Bobby speaking about birds at Louisville Adventist Academy.
Photo by: Whitney Robison
   My daughter, who teaches 5th and 6th grade at Louisville Adventist Academy in Louisville, Kentucky has been studying birds with her students over the last few weeks.  She invited me to the school to show bird photos and speak on birds and bird watching.  I gladly excepted and made the trip last week.   I had a great time and the kids were exceptionally courteous.   During the presentation they were quite and seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying.  When I finished the program I took questions, and the questions were quite good.  I was very impressed with the students.  The students also made a card for me with an ivory-billed woodpecker on the front.  Each student that attended the program signed the card……WHAT A TREAT!  Who knows what future ornithologist might spring from that group!

   For all of you at Louisville Adventist Academy, thank you for the opportunity to speak on my favorite subject, and thank you for being such a great group.  I love the card……Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment