Monday, June 21, 2010

On the Road

I am still traveling and in NYC for a week before heading on North. the following are some of the images I shot while out west. I have not put them in order of travel but you will be able to see some of the work.




These unusual clouds were photographed from a parking lot in Sterling, Colorado. The clouds are called Mammatus clouds and are associated with BAD weather. I have seen these clouds a number of times during the trip. When I see them, I know that nothing good is in store.




While driving through the Pawnee National Grasslands we were stopped by cowboys herding cattle down the road. National grasslands are like national forest. Where national forest were created to insure the nation with adequate timber, the national grasslands were established to ensure that the nation would always have adequate grazing land for livestock. These forest and grasslands, though used commercial are a haven to native flora and fauna. Portions of the grasslands are leased to ranchers to graze cattle and sheep.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment