Saturday, December 17, 2016

Pic of the Day

White Ibis, Eudocimus albus:
Black Point Wildlife Drive, Merritt Island NWR
     I recently made another, quick trip to Merritt Island NWR.  Though the birds were not as plentiful as the trip I made right before Thanksgiving, they were still pretty good.  I shot this White Ibis right after it had finished its early morning feeding soiree.  It had been preening, but I took this shot as it moved into a clean background.


Great Blue Heron, Ardea hernias:
Black Point Wildlife Drive, Merritt Island NWR
     This Great Blue was shot shortly after photographing the White Ibis above.  It was still fishing when I came across it at the backside of the refuge.  I do like the posturing in this image.  It gives the bird intent of action, and the concentric circles in the water certainly draws attention to that action.

Top:  Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/2000 second @ f/9
Bottom:  Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/1600 second @ f/10


No comments:

Post a Comment