Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pic of the Day

Short-billed Dowitcher, Limnodromus griseus:
Dunedin Causeway to Honey Moon Island, Florida
     I heard about the Dunedin Causeway while shooting at Fort Desoto State Park.  It sounded like a great place, but I was on my way south and decided I would make that stop on another trip.  However, while on the east coast of Florida and one day left on my trip I decided to drive across the state and check out Dunedin.  I am so happy I did!  There were a lot of shorebirds on the causeway, Turnstones, Sanderlings, Short-billed Dowitchers, Willets, Dunlins, Black-bellied Plovers and Marbled Godwits.  This shot this image as the dowitcher briefly raised it's head while probing the debris of the wrack line.  What do I like about this image?  That it raised its right leg and hind toe sticking our from its foot.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/1000 second @ f/8

No comments:

Post a Comment