Monday, March 14, 2016

Pic of the Day

Sandhill Crane, Grus canadens:  Viera Wetlands; Viera, Florida
     While at the Viera Wetland earlier this month I found a pair of Sandhill Cranes feeding in the marsh.  As I was taking photos the began their rattling alert call.  I couldn't understand what I was doing that caused the birds to become so alarmed.  Within seconds I heard someone walking my way, when I turned to checkout the situation I discovered that the cranes were not on alert because of me, but were disturbed by the dog accomping the couple.  It took about five minutes for the cranes to settle down after they passed.  Shortly after that the cranes walked to where I was seated and began feeding.  Unfortunately, they were two close to photograph with the lens I was using.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/500 second @ f/6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment