Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pic of the Day

Barred Owl,  Strix variaa:  Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Florida

     This image goes back almost three decades.  I was walking along the boardwalk at Audubon’s, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary when I spotted this owl perched on a limb a dozen feet from the boardwalk.  I had been to Corkscrew so many times, and had never had a Barred Owl so close.  At the time I was leading a bird photography workshop through Southern Florida.  My group of eight participants was elated with this find and we all shot a ton of film. I had a bunch of happy campers when we walked out of the sanctuary.   I was shooting a 500mm f/4 lens, which is pretty much my standard lens.  I believe the camera was a Nikon FM2, or a Nikon F3.  

film:  Kodachome 64, my favorite film!

No comments:

Post a Comment