Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pic of the Day

Veery, Catharus fuscescens: McGee Marsh, Ohio
     As mentioned in the May 15th post, the Veery has perhaps the most beautiful song of any of the thrushes.  It certainly has, in my opinion.  You can checkout the song in my May 15th post here, http://bobbyharrison.blogspot.com/search/label/Veery, and hear for yourself.  In May, I found a pair of very cooperative veeries along the woodland edge adjacent to the parking lot while visiting Magee Marsh during "The Biggest Week in American Birding."  
     While shooting this bird in the leaf litter, it must have read my mind.  As it hopped through the leaves I was saying to myself, "move to the moss, move to the moss," when it abruptly changed direction and hopped on to the moss near the base of a tree.  The greenery made the photo for me.  Now, if that would just work all the time!

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/400 second @ f/7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment