Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pic of the Day

Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Pheucticus ludovicianus
Hartwick State Park; Grayling, Michigan
     On Monday, March 20th I saw my first Rose-breasted Grosbeak for the year here in North Alabama.  As I have mentioned in the past I get rose-breasted for about two weeks in the spring and fall.  Of course, spring is when they are in prime plumage and the birds I have been seeing are absolutely perfect.  I shot this male grosbeak on its nesting grounds at Hartwick Pines State Park just outside of Grayling, Michigan.  I hope to shoot a few here before they move on north, and again at Magee Marsh, Ohio in a couple of week.  Hope you get these beautiful birds at your feeders this spring also.

NIkon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/80 second @ f/4

No comments:

Post a Comment