Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pic of the Day


American Coot, Fulica americana -- Viera Wetlands, Florida
     I had a slow morning at the Viera Wetlands during the first week of March, and was looking for anything to shoot.  While driving along the east side of the wetlands I saw coots swimming and feeding among the lily pads.  When I stopped to take a shot I discovered it was not the coots, but the lily pads, that I needed to photograph.  The repetitive circular patterns of the green and yellow lily pads on the blue water were just perfect, and beckoned to be photographed.   But, the image needed something else.  Fortunately, one of the coots I had seen feeding, swam into the frame and made the image complete.  The coot is not an exotic bird, but this coot brought all the elements together, and it swam into the frame at just the right time.  I just love it when all the elements come together!

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500 f4, 1/500 @ f8, FX format

No comments:

Post a Comment