Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pic of the Day



   Orange Julia, Dryas iulia -- Sarett Nature Center; Benton Harbor, Michigan:  I have left Michigan and have arrived at the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge in Brigham, Utah.  On the way out I stopped at Rocky Mountain NP and photographed a few birds there.  One was a “lifer,” the Pigmy Nuthatch.  I will post one of the images in a few days. 
     I’m shooting more images than I can post right now, so I am putting a folder together of what I think are the best images and will post those once I get home and have more time to write.  I am going non-stop from 6:00 (or earlier) in the morning to 11:00pm or later at night…..I sleep really well!
     As I type this I am downloading images from the last couple of days so I am still posting images from Michigan.  My last shoot there was at Sarett Nature Center in Benton Harbor.  Sarett has a butterfly house and it is fabulous!  I got some really nice images, but I am posting this from a McDonalds and they’re ready to through me out I have little time to finish.  Had hoped to post a couple of other images……maybe tomorrow.


Both images shot with Nikon D7000, Nikkor 300mm 2.8 with 24mm extention tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment