Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pic of the Day

      Marsh Wren – Bear River NWR, Utah:  Driving along one of the many cattail marshes in Bear River NWR, I found this Marsh Wren atop a reed singing its territorial song.  As I watched the wren it moved among its favorite perches within its territory.  I positioned my van by one of its favorite perches near the road and used the van as a blind.   Not long after parking and zeroing in on the perch, the wren soon made its appearance.  Climbing to the top of the reed the Marsh Wren raised it head, opened it beak, and broadcast its call across the marsh, which was promptly answered by another wren nearby.  It territorial proclamation gave me the opportunity to shoot this image, and many more.

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f4 VRII, 1/1000 Second @ f7.1, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment