Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pic of the Day

TARANTULAREX
     Oklahoma Brown Tarantula -- Tallgrass Prairie Preserve; Pawhuska, Oklahoma:  Before arriving at the Tallgrass Prairie near Pawhuska, Oklahoma I stopped in Wichita Fall, Texas to see my aunt and second cousins, so I did not arrive at the prairie until almost sunset this evening.  Once I arrived in Pawhuska, I went directly to the prairie to check out the flowers.  I am a little early, though flowers are in bloom.  The next two weeks should be great flower photography here on the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. 
     While driving out of the preserve I saw a large insect, bug, something crawling across the road.  It looked like a spider, but it was huge.  By the time I stopped I was a hundred feet past it, but backed-up to check out the "something."  To my surprise it was a tarantulas.  I had never seen a tarantula in the wild before.  It was moving fast and I had interrupted its evening outing.  To keep the interruption to a minimum I grabbed the iphone and took this snap shot.  I placed a quarter beside the tarantulas for size comparison.  This was sooooo cool! 


Taken with an iphone

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have meet you at the tallgrass gift shop great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dewayne, pleased to have met you as well. Please visit the blog again. Bobby

    ReplyDelete