Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pic of the Day

     Red-eyed Vireo – Magee Marsh, Ohio:  This is one of two shots I took of a Red-eyed Vireo at Magee Marsh during the spring migration.  The vireo is searching for insects under the tree leaf.  All the warblers and vireos I saw were feeding on very small insects from under the tree leaves. I do not know how many warblers were in the woodlands the day that I shot this image, but they seemed to be everywhere and were constantly feeding all day.  I can’t begin to fathom the weight of insect biomass that was consumed during my three-day stint at the marsh, though I am sure a study as been conducted on the topic. To see the 1st Red-eyed vireo image and text I posted click on this link: http://bobbyharrison.blogspot.com/2011/05/pic-of-day_15.html

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/125 sec. @ f8

No comments:

Post a Comment