Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pic of the Day

















   Teton/Snake River – Teton National Park, WY: I love black-and-white photography. Like most people my age I got my start in photography doing black-and-white. While I love shooting black-and-white film this image was a digital capture. I admit I am no Ansel Adams, but when I travel to a location where he has shot one of his famous images I am compelled to shoot from the same location. On my recent trip to Teton National Park I stopped at the location where Ansel Adams shot his famous Teton image. Not knowing the exact spot where Adams shot his image I positioned myself with a point-of-view similar to that of Adams. My original digital capture was made in color, then converted to black-and-white. From that point I used the curves feature of photoshop to adjust the contrast of the sky and mountains. Wish I had taken my film camera!
Nikon D3, Nikkor 24-50mm zoom set to 32mm, Digital Capture, ISO 200, Converted to Black-and-White

2 comments:

  1. This photograph is a work of art! True art makes you feel and Bobby Harrison's art does that eloquently.

    ReplyDelete