Friday, June 25, 2010

On the Road






Moose – Teton National Park, WY: I admit I am not a mammal photographer, but I could not resist photographing this bull moose. Fall would be the best time to shoot when the fur is sleek and antlers fully developed, but it was great fun shooting this bull. While photographing Great-horned Owl, owlets I came across this bull in our campground. I quickly grabbed my 300 wand D3, mounted it on a tripod and started shooting. The moose was within camping sites and I was continually moving away from it to keep it in frame. A ranger arrived within minutes of the time I started shooting. He got out of his vehicle with his camera and motioned for me to follow him. Following the ranger he led me to a clear, unobstructed view of the moose. The ranger and I worked together for, maybe thirty-minutes and shot lots and lots of images. We both had a wonderful time before the bull lumbered off into the aspen.
Nikon D3, Nikkor 300mm 2.8, Digital Capture, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment