Thursday, June 17, 2010

On the Road



Mountain Bluebird (top), Norther (Red-shafted) Flicker, (bottom) - Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming: While photographing the Ruddy Ducks at Floating Pond and gentleman told me that a Norther Flicker (Red-shafted variety) was nesting on the road to Lamar Valley. Giving me the exact location I headed to the spot and just as he described a Flicker was nesting. Watching the Flicker fly to and from the nest I also noticed a Mountain Blue bird going in and out of a cavity in a near by tree. It was mid day and the light was terrible, so I returned later in the evening to shoot. Find a location that put me equal distance between the two nest I was able to shoot both birds. I sat in front of the two nest for more than 3 hours and shoot hundreds of images. Here are just two. It was difficult deciding which two images to post.
Nikon D300, 500mm f4 with 2x converter, Digital Capture ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment