Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pic of the Day

Broad-billd Hummingbird

Broad-billd Hummingbird
Arizona Woodpecker

Lesser Goldfinch
   I had a great time at the Santa Rita Lodge in Madera Canyon Arizona last June. The new owners have built an incredible bird feeding station that attracts dozens of species of birds. Here are a few of the other species that I have photographed there.
I love photographing hummingbirds, and as I mentioned in my last post, Madera Canyon is famous for its hummingbirds. For the Broad-billed Hummingbird photos here, I used five Nikon SB24’s about 18 inches from the hummer and background. My camera was a Nikon D3, with a Nikkor 80-200mm zoom at the 200mm end of the zoom. The Arizona Woodpecker and Lesser Goldfinch was photographed using a Nikon D300 and 500mm f4 telephoto lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment